Saturday, February 9, 2013

Too Much of a Good Thing

Missed updating yesterday, sufficed to say I did a LOT of sleeping. So much so that I hadn't the energy left to write about it!

As some of you may know, this past February 5th was world Nutella day. Since I have been so busy over the last while sleeping and surfing Pinterest for cheesy potato recipes, the day completely passed me by without notice. But today I had some free time on my hands, so I decided to celebrate a belated Nutella day with the husband by making all the meals of the day Nutella based.

That should about last the week.

My husband is a man who will look sideways at you like a quizzical puppy if you offer him any sort of fruit or vegetable - and he would live off of chocolate if he could. I figured a day of Nutella would be right up his alley. So this morning I started off his journey to diabetes with Nutella crepes, Nutella cupcakes, and french toast (with optional Nutella spread).

By about this point I was sick of tasting Nutella. My husband seemed more upbeat, but didn't manage to finish breakfast. Still, we were both surviving. The real turn for the worse today was when I decided to make chicken pasta with Nutella cream sauce. Never make chicken pasta with Nutella cream sauce. It is wrong, your stomach knows it is wrong, and your whole body will be very vocal about it's opinion that you should never try that again.

You know it's going to be bad when the recipe's best case scenario looks like this.

I am writing from bed, sick to my stomach. There's probably a lesson to be learned here somewhere.

Tomorrow I am making Nutella cheesecake!


Sickly,
-Teina Smith

PS
If you would like to eat ALL THE NUTELLA, here are some fine recipes!







No comments:

Post a Comment