Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Day 16: Tips for Getting Back on the Proverbial Horse

I've been so busy on Google, Pinterest, and Netflix lately that I haven't been able to keep up with the rigorous schedule of posting one useless short update per day. Hopefully, if you've been following along with the spirit of the 30 day challenge this lack of posts hasn't fazed you one bit, and you haven't even noticed the passage of time. My hat goes off to you!

Still, when one falls off the horse, there is only one thing to do. Have a nice restful nap on the spot, and then get back to riding!


Do not forget to rehydrate your horse as well.

One of the ways I get back to riding is by watching the ever informative Trouble Hacking videos by Drew Cleary. As you can see, whether you have a clog in your drain, mold in your iPhone, or have lost some sweet apricots, he's got the solution.


 

Another thing I like to do to focus my energies is to read blogs about focusing my energies. I'm not sure that it does much, but boy do I ever always feel inspired! Here's an excerpt from the blog talking about focus:
"The final piece in the motivational puzzle is direction. If focus means having an ultimate goal, direction is having a day-to-day strategy to achieve it. A lack of direction kills motivation because without an obvious next action we succumb to procrastination. An example of this is a person who wants to have a popular blog, but who spends more time reading posts about blogging than actually writing articles."
I can't put my finger on it, but I'm so feeling this for some reason. It's like... they were speaking right to my soul! Uncanny.

Well, I hope that helped you get motivated and back on track with the program. That's all for today, bye bye!
-Teina



No comments:

Post a Comment